Saturday, August 10, 2013

Wedding Memories

My brother recently got married! Yeah! His wife worked so hard to make it such a special day and keep it within their budget. No small feat. She worked very hard with all of the invitations, save the dates, etc. In the meantime, I was trying out a new art technique, I guess that is what you would call it...Mixed-media art. This time, instead of using random rubbish, I used things that were meaningful to the couple. So, there is a story behind the artwork, and of course there is a picture too! So the background is peacock feathers, because the photo they went to take of themselves was at a park with a live peacock! The peacock is included in the photo, their invitation and pieces of the invitation parts, save the date parts, and even down to the flowers that are at the bottom of the screen, which were intended to be roses and hydrangeas (the flowers used at their wedding). I'll be honest, I was scared to get started with this project, but thanks to Jann Gray in one of her You Tube posts, who said "believe that you cant plan the way it will look, and you cant make a mistake", I overcame my fear and made something that I am excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment